Moisture Block and Underlay
Underlay is essential when installing laminate flooring. Depending on the type of the floor and subfloor type, you are required to install proper underlay. Underlay plays multiple, important roles. One key role is so the laminate is able to float; this will also help with minor subfloor imperfections and reduce noise.
Each roll is 2 or 3mm thick and comes in 125sq.ft rolls. underlay has a layer of plastic laminated to the airoethene which acts as a vapour barrier which helps prevents any potential humidity to break through the floor and ruin the laminate flooring. This vapor underlay is used whenever there is a possibility of moisture coming up through the subfloor. This would usually be a concrete basement or an area with a crawl space directly underneath.
Features & benefits:
- Durable elastic cushioning for under flooring comfort
- Moisture resistant due to both the water proof sheet of LDPE plastic and the unique properties of airothene's closed cell structure
- keeps a constant temperature due to thermal properties.
- Warm and dry
- Plastic over lap to ensure damp seal.
- Easy to install
- Variety of options in thickness and LDPE vapour layer
Spill guard is our underlay for carpets. It Is an 8mm thick foam and provides perfect cushioning for all carpets.